006. Relaxation Techniques
I think there can’t be a more relaxing place than on a beach, watching and listening to the water.
Clients always ask me why I need to do relaxation techniques. For psychic work, it is very important to be able to relax so that you can leave this plane of existence for the astral world so that they will be able to assist me with healings. Any tension in the body will mean that it will make it almost impossible to astral travel.
I always advise clients not to drink caffeine for about two hours before relaxation. Caffeine tends to keep you alert, speed up your body making it and you ready for action, which is counter to ensuring inner calm and peace. That sense of calm and relaxation is fundamental to the work that needs to be completed.
So how do we get to that state of deep relaxation? I hope that the following well being guide will step you through that process so that you can discover it for yourself.
15 Steps to Inner Calm
I often say to my clients that if they want to do this for themselves then they should take some time out to talk these steps into a recording device so that they can hear their own external voice enabling them to connect to their inner voice. It is not necessary if you do not have such a thing but until you get used to doing this it can be a good way of starting the process.
So here goes....
1. Lie on your back, close your eyes.
2. Feel your feet. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and sink into the bed. Start with your toes and progress to your ankles.
3. Feel your knees. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.
4. Feel you upper legs and thighs. Feel their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.
5. Feel your abdomen and chest. Sense your breathing. Consciously will them to relax. Deepen your breathing slightly and feel your abdomen and chest sink into the bed.
6. Feel your buttocks. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.
7. Feel your hands. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.
8. Feel your upper arms. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.
9. Feel your shoulders. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.
10. Feel your neck. Sense its weight. Consciously relax it and feel it sink into the bed.
11. Feel your head and skull. Sense its weight. Consciously relax it and feel it sink into the bed.
12. Feel your mouth and jaw. Consciously relax them. Pay particular attention to your jaw muscles and unclench them if you need to. Feel your mouth and jaw relax and sink into the bed.
13. Feel your eyes. Sense if there is tension in your eyes. Sense if you are forcibly closing your eyelids. Consciously relax your eyelids and feel the tension slide off the eyes.
14. Feel your face and cheeks. Consciously relax them and feel the tension slide off into the bed.
15. Mentally scan your body. If you find any place that is still tense, then consciously relax that place and let it sink into the bed.
Once you have entered this state of deep relaxation, it will allow you to continue to be relaxed so that you can work either with your client or just attaining a deep sense of well-being for yourself.
Nevertheless, please make sure that you allow yourself plenty of time to get back in touch with your every day plane, but in leaving it you should be feeling more connected and refreshed.
I suppose on reflection, I like to think of it as going for a great dip down at the sea. It is great to get in and feel the vibrant water, but always good to come back out of it to the beach for a chat with our friends or loved ones.
Leave a Reply.
Psychic Medium Neels Els