After a discussion about Old Souls with a fan Terry Hastings, she has graciously send a note with detailed information in regards to the discussion of old souls. I do think its worth the read as her knowledge on the subject is very extended.
Before I download the doc & read it, can I tell you what I know about myself and why I regard myself as an old soul? Compare it with what you got and tell me if I'm right.
- Even as a child very mature, take on responsibilities (as a child, I had to look after my brothers and sisters and took full responsibility from a very young age)
- Being perceived by parents as a difficult child, because they cannot lie to you or fool you, you know what you know and nothing they say will convince you otherwise
- Nt easy to manipulate, even from a young age onwards
- Although identified as extremely bright/high IQ, not interested in school/studies and find it rather boring, just going through the motions for something that has to be done
- Will only further studies in an area that is particularly interesting to you, and never to get a degree or diploma, but rather because you are fascinated by it. Once you have learned what you wanted to learn, you will give up the studies, even though you haven't completed the course
- very creative, even as children
- From a young age onwards, feel as if you don't quite fit in with the crowd (but not really bothered by it, you do your own thing)
- a natural leader (because we simply refuse to follow haha and have no desire to fit into the mould)
- have very few friends (tend to make one, sometimes two very close friends that will be your friends for life)
- as and adult, we tend to go through the motions as expected by society, so as not to stand out and draw any attention. We blend in easily into any group, be it social or work
- not particularly interested in the jobs we do, although we are natural leaders and naturally excell at what we do.
- being bullied in the workplace, because the others perceive you as a threat, although you only want to help and be an advantage to the organisation
- on the flipside of the coin, if you do end up in an organisation where your natural abilities are recognized, you are abused in terms of the amount of responsibility simply shifted your way and the hours you have to work.
- natural perfectionists - we will not settle for poor workmanship
- we are mostly very calm and collected - very few things can surprise or disturb us
- we also have the ability to stay calm in crises/chaos and sort it out without much fuss
- old souls don't trust easily - it takes us a very long time to trust somebody
- if you break the trust of an old soul, you will not easily regain it (for me personally, if you hurt me or break my trust, I will walk away from that relationship and never go back, I will never ever trust you again or even talk to you again. If you pass me in the road, I will walk past you without even looking your way or acknowledging you at all)
- we get hurt very easily, because our expectations of other people are always too high and they can never live up to it. One way or another, we will always get disappointed
- people tend to take advantage of us, because we cannot say no - we always put other people first (which isn't always in our own best interest)
- we have a unique way in dealing with death - we accept it for what it is - the passing on into another realm - not the loss of somebody, but them simply moving on
- for us, money and fame and all that goes with that is not important. We concentrate on what really matters and are more interested in the deeper meaning of things and life
- contrary to belief, we will actually make friends with a young soul (seeker), just to amuse ourselves. Unfortunately, we cannot spend too much time with them, because they tend to drain our energy and gets very irritating after a while
- we are aware of our past lives (most of us will actually refer to past lives)
- we are not interested in travelling to a place to see it for the first time, but rather because you are going back to some place of importance to you (for me, it is Machu Piccu and Pompei, I have been talking about it since I was about 6 years old, and back then very little was known about those places, but I could recall in detail much of what later turned out to be accurate descriptions of the area)
- most of us are aware of other souls within our realm, souls that have not moved on (others refer to as ghosts)
- I have the ability to look into someone's soul, without speaking a single word with them, and immediately make a soul connection or turn my back on them. If we connect, we will be friends for life, if I turn away, no matter what you do, you will never be my friend, because I've seen the darkness in your soul
- We have very close connections to those important to us, and knows something is wrong even before we receive the call
There are much more that I can add to this, but basically that is me. So tell me what you think and then I will download your notes and go through it. I believe that most of what I have said will be in your notes?
I had to smile reading through your note, it was as if I had written it myself . Very interesting indeed. A fact that can be added to it is that old souls very seldom become friends with young or infant souls, we will rather be friends with mature souls. If one does become involved with an infant or young soul, it is to help them move on and learn the lessons they are suppose to. I made it a mission for myself to take on one infant and one young soul and be their mentor.
That is also the other fact, many other souls see old souls as their mentor and people always turn to us for advise.
An old soul that has a child with an old soul as well, recognise that early on in the child and will protect and shield that child from possible harm (although this isn't necessary as the child can do it themselves)
Often we are told that a perfect job for us would be psychologist - I tend to disagree with that. A psychologist mostly has a touch of madness themselves - and are very confused about life in general. They treat patients and through doing that work through their own issues. Old souls don't have that problem - we've been there, done that.
Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself, will make a neat and more complete list Monday and send to you.
· Neels I have to say I find this extremely interesting. In the past hour I quickly jotted down some thoughts, because I know once I go and sit down to record it all, I would have forgotten half of it. Here is a few more:
All old souls love music, but we have very specific taste in music, we generally will include all genres, as long as the music speaks to us
Old souls have a natural ability to pick up languages easily, we do not battle to learn a new language and mostly understand what people say, no matter which language they speak
Most old souls are what is generally referred to as a jack of all trades and master of none - we can do anything and do it reasonably well, sometimes very well. I gather this is because it used to be a particular trade in a previous life that we just choose not to do in this life, but we can still do it. As for myself, I worked a lot of different trades since I left school. I started off as secretary/personal assistant then became a pre-school teacher, then worked in the hospitality trade as chef/caterer as well as FOH manager. I then moved to the retail trade and worked as receiving manager and currently I am the manager of a forecourt and Select shop. I still do catering part time and remedial teaching for less fortunate children.
Most people are drawn to old souls. We are also particularly good with children and old people.
Acceptance is very much part of the old soul - we are not critical of other religions or viewpoints
Old souls are very seldom politically inclined - we are born politically indifferent because we know that in the end all politics are the same and all politicians inevitably become corrupt
Most old souls have an inner knowledge on how to heal with herbs, spices, vitamins and minerals. We just know what is good for us and what we lack - that doesn't mean that we always take care of ourselves
Maths and languages come easy to old souls - been there done that is the motto
In business old souls are innovative and can quickly come up with new ideas and solutions to problems - but we will never take the glory for it, we prefer to blend in, not stand out
Old souls are often described as butterfly personalities because we move from one thing to the next or one job to the next as if we have no purpose - this is mostly to either get out of a situation that has become unbearable at your current job or simply because we have become bored with it. I know that I stay max 6 months in one job, it is only the last 6 years that I have stayed with one employer, and it simply is because there has been a lot of major changes within the organisation every year with a lot of challenges every time. Old souls embrace change, we are not scared of it because we already know that nothing under the sun is new
Most old souls are close to nature
Most old souls I know has had a near death experiences, although it doesn't happen to all of us
Old souls will carry scars from a previous life - either be born with it or get it in a different manner in this life. I was born with a mark on my leg, a very distinctive mark. I also have a scar from my right hip all the way across my body to where it ends at my right rib cage. I have a scar across my face as well as a scar across my hand. I believe all of these are scars that I had in past lives and thus I'm having it again.
Old souls will recognise enemies from past lives and will either steer clear of them or will be bitter enemies in this life.
Old souls can recognise evil in others and will steer clear of them
Some old souls are light carriers and will actively seek out other light carriers. We have a duty to spread the light and will keep doing that as best as we can. You are a light carrier as well - you heal souls and by that you spread the light. Sometimes the light is so bright in some of us, that other souls see it as well. I believe that is the case with you - your light is so bright others see it and naturally drift towards you. With that in mind you also have to be careful not to exhaust yourself to much, because I believe sometimes you take on so much, that you battle to keep up with it and spread yourself to thin.
And with that I just realised what the urgent message was that I absolutely had to give you - Do not spread yourself to thin and take on so much that you cannot keep up with it, you are exhausting your soul and is in danger of extinguishing the light. You still have much to do and many people to help. The work you do is important and the need is great. I know I sound like a crazy old witch, but thats how it sometimes work with me, I need to talk to you a bit before I realise exactly what it is I have to tell you.
Take care my friend and have a peaceful weekend